Doug and I were in charge of the games. Doug wanted to know if his assignment was per his calling, or per his role as my spouse... does it matter?
We organized potato sack races... Note, Sophia is not yet in Primary, but the presidency agreed to let her participate, since Doug and I would both be occupied. Sophia did so well, she participated and LOVED it. She's going to love primary next year!
STICK PULL
My advice to Sophia was... when you fall, get out of the way. I was worried about her getting run over.

In boys against girls, the boys won, after Doug jumped into help.
In boys against girls, the boys won, after Doug jumped into help.
I can't believe she'll be a sunbeam in a little more than a month!
Cute friends
The nap timing worked out well...
We followed up the games with chicken drumsticks.
The next station included kneading bread, making slinky apples, and grinding wheat. When I asked Porter what his favorite part was, he said, grinding wheat. The final station was a craft. The kids made a golden plates replica tree ornament. So cute. After the stations, the kids met in the gym for a skit performed by senior primary, a viewing of the Joseph Smith story, a testimony by Doug (this one was per his calling) and molasses cookies. Glad it went well!
1 comment:
Fun day! I can't believe Sam and Sophia will be Sunbeams. Where did the time go?
Post a Comment