Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Life of Pi
I recently finished Life of Pi. After hearing so many positive reviews, I was looking forward to reading it. As I was reading it, I thought things like "interesting idea" " the author is very imaginative" and "not quite sure what all of the hype is about" etc ... then I read the end... and I got it. The depth of the book just multiplied ten fold for me.
I looked forward to and was disappointed by my book club's discussion of the book, simply because I feel like we only skimmed the surface of what this book is about. I feel like this book is smarter than me, and there are deeper meanings that are just beyond my reach. I'm going to do a little research to see if I can get my questions answered... maybe I'll post more later on this book when I get some more things figured out.
Anyone else read it? Any thoughts or lessons learned or connections made?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I just reserved this book on tape at my library. I'll listen to it and then we can have deep discussions :-) Or maybe if the book is smarter than you; I won't have a chance.
We did this at a book club about 2 years ago. I had a hard time getting through the first 100 pages or so. But then it was amazing! Some people thought it was a true story. The end brought up so many questions, and I think we had an amazing discussion. I know Tara B. really loves it, I hope she has some great comments.
That book is definitely too smart for me. I didn't make it past the first 100 pages, but maybe that was my problem. I just didn't get it.
Ha ha, I did love the book, but I can't remember that much about it now. But thanks for the encouragement Emma! You must have just moved out of the ward when we read it for our book club, Angela.
I thought it was a true story, and I told my dad that, and he still makes fun of me. It was so believable.
Post a Comment