When my mom asked me what gift I wanted from her for baby number 3, I knew exactly what to tell her... A Maya Wrap. I have LOVED it! I had a nojo for Sophia (a padded ring sling recommended by Dr. Sears-- love Dr. S, didn't so much love his baby sling). I used a front carrier with Porter. The Maya Wrap has definitely been my favorite.
I love how versatile is it... I could snuggle Preston in a cradle position as a newborn. Now that he's older, he can face me or look out. I've even used it with Sophia. I put her on my hip, and cinch the sling around her. The sling can be used for children up to 35 pounds. So I plan on getting lots more use out of it with Preston too.
I like the padding less feature, because I feel like I can get a better fit without the bulkiness of padding. It also fits easily into my diaper bag.
I bought mine straight from mayawrap.com because a lot of people make knock offs, and I wanted to be sure I got the authentic one. The fabric is supposed to be some special South American wonder. I purchased a black one, because I figure black goes with everything, although they did have some other great fabrics.
I love the philosophies behind baby wearing and attachment parenting, and the Maya wrap makes it easy. Supposedly babies who are carried more cry less and eventually feel more attached. It's also so nice to be a hands free mom at the park or the store. While I haven't given up my stroller, I still use it daily, I really enjoy having different tools for caring for my babies. This is something that's made my job easier!
photos taken in September
2 comments:
I love my maya wrap too. I wish I had one with Zach and Ben. They are the best thing when you have a baby. Everyone I know who has one loves it. It's so nice to be able to carry your baby snuggled against you, and the maya wrap is so versatile, like you said.
I got one and I love it! Thank you for your imput. You are so good at doing research for me.:)
Post a Comment