Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Clean Carpets...
We used some of our Christmas money last year to buy a carpet cleaner... What a good investment. It's already paid for itself several times over. Clean carpet is one of those simple pleasures. I like my house so much better when the carpets are their original color!
My brother Paul, used to clean carpets with Chem-Dry... He's kind of a carpet cleaning snob, meaning he thinks Chem-Dry is the best... and I agree with him, there are several distinct advantages to hiring a professional. But our bottom line is, we don't want to pay $300+ to get the carpets cleaned.
However, and my brother agrees with me, at our stage of life, and with our children at the ages they are, owning a carpet cleaner and doing it ourself, is the best option now. Perhaps if we had high end carpet, or if our children were past the dirt tracking, potty training, drink spilling stage, then we could consider hiring Chem-Dry... But since we won't be replacing our carpet until our kids are past the above mentioned stages, and since we have so many other places we'd rather put that money, we rely on our Kenmore.
... and I LOVE it. Clean carpets make me smile... and I'm smiling right now, because Doug cleaned them last week. Thank you honey!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Ya for Doug! Can he come over to my house?
We had to buy a carpet cleaner too. It's a necessity, like you said. Whenever I clean, I'm shocked at how much dirt I clean up. Clean carpets make your house look a million times better.
Post a Comment