Wednesday, November 07, 2007
Birthday Cupcakes
Sophia and I took cupcakes and Capri sun drinks into Porter's classroom to help celebrate his big day. The kids were SO excited to see us. They cheered and clapped when we entered the room with the goods.
Apparently, since I've been in school they've instituted a store bought only treat rule. All the more convenient for me, but I thought it was interesting. I tried to talk Porter into doughnuts, but he wanted Star Wars cupcakes. I just thought doughnuts are less messy and quite appropriate for fall. When I went to pick up the cupcakes, they only had Power Rangers, so he settled for that.
The cupcakes were overflowing with whipped cream frosting. I wiped up quite a bit of it off of the floor. The kids at Sophia's table thought Sophia was a riot, as every bit of cupcake contributed to the large amount already on her face. She kept feeding the laughter by being silly and smearing it around her face. I had no idea she was such a ham.
Porter proudly helped to pass out the drinks to everyone. Then we passed out the cupcakes. He refused to give the kids the colors they wanted. If someone asked for blue, he purposefully gave them red... repeating his teacher.... "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit." I like the phrase, but I noticed that Porter got the color he wanted...
It was so fun to go into Porter's classroom and see him in action. I love how easy and fun it is to make a kid's birthday special. I think it gets trickier as you get older.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's funny that Porter had to control the color of cupcakes the kids got!
"You get what you get..." - we say that a lot at our house. It is one of my favorites.
I didn't know you had to get store bought cupcakes. I wonder if it's the same down here?
Post a Comment