Sunday, May 25, 2008

swim cap

I was starting to worry about Sophia's blond hair and the chlorine. So we purchased a swim cap to protect her hair.

Her head is so small it doesn't keep all of the water out, but I really like it, because now I can easily spot her anywhere in the pool. While she is an amazing swimmer, she's so little I keep a close watch on her as she practices.

She always swims in the lane right next to the wall. Usually she grabs onto the rope when she needs a little break, but once in a while she grabs onto the wall. It's so cute I see little splashing water then a tiny hand creep up and grab the wall, then a little more splash splashing (her feet kicking the water), and then I see her hand again.

One drill they do is to swim across the deep end (11 ft) of water. It's not as long as the lanes, but there's nothing to grab onto. Both Porter and Sophia can do it time and time again. It's so fun to watch them cross successfully. I have to admit I was really nervous the first time Sophia swam it. But she crossed with no fear and no hesitation and no problems.

When the water seeps into her goggles, she tells me the water's dripping.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Wow! I'm amazed. Go Sophia!