Thursday, May 01, 2008

The Gym



I finally did it... I broke down and joined a gym. They were running a special I couldn't ignore.

Typically I've felt like I do not have time to go to a gym. I enjoy running and am happy running outside.

However, with my knee injury I've realized that I can not put all of my eggs in one basket. I need to have some other ways to work out.

I also think that because I am getting older I need to do some more weight bearing exersizes...ie. lifting weights. I am excited to test out the body pump class and the spin class.

Wish me luck!

8 comments:

Kelsey said...

Good for you! You will probably enjoy the break from the kids like I do! Also, my neighbor is a WONDERFUL masseuse at QLS- her name is Michell and she is doing a free half hour right now if you tell her I sent you! =)

Kelsey said...

In telling you that, I forgot to say I hope your knee gets better!

Jenni said...

Oh I'm so jealous! I want to but I'm a little scared. I have always been self conscious of working out in front of people.

I hope you enjoy it!!!

Janelle said...

I really hope you can work through the knee injury... been there, done that and it finally did get about 99% better, after 2 years. Hopefully I get to see you at the gym sometime. The gym is my favorite spot to get 2 hours to myself, whenever I want, to think away the stresses of life and get that high that keeps me going throughout the week.

Emily said...

Did you join Golds? That is where I go.

Julie said...

I'm excited too! We'll have to do some classes together!

Audra said...

Lets hear the report. Is it going well? Do you like the classes?

I wish I had a membership to a gym that had classes! Right now it is just treadmills, bikes, elipticals, and weights. Good for now.

Kathryn said...

Spinning is the best! I got a gym membership for that reason alone.