Thursday, October 16, 2008

Let's all go to the ball field!





Between Doug and Porter, we've been spending a lot of time at the ball field. Doug plays on a church league (like the Baptists against the Mormons) every Friday night. Porter still plays on his league. '

But it's good for all, of us... Good to get outside, good to work off energy and emotion... Porter's always in a good mood before and after a game.

With the hurricane we've had some very game heavy weeks, making up for lost time, a couple of 3 and 4 a weekers. When that happens it's because we have a double header on Saturday.

Preston is even getting into the game, he stood at the fence, as pictured above for such a long time, just watching.

Sophia does fine as long as I bring food and drink, if not, I can forget trying to make it through the whole game, I have to give up and go home early, leaving Doug to man the rest of the game. Doug often helps coach 3rd base.
I'll try and get some video at the next game. It's fun to see how much the team is improving. Honestly, I'm still surprised whenever they are able to execute a play, and it happens all of the time. Porter's succeeded in getting a few people out, and it's fun to see how happy he gets. Throwing his arms up in the air, getting a high five from his coach. And it's good to see him handle disappointment well, when he strikes out or misses a ball. And he also sees that he's not he only one who might make a mistake. The beat goes one, the game keeps going, it's not the end of the world, you just try again next time.



I was playing catch with Porter in the back yard and Preston came over with a little mitt, insisting that we put it on his little hand. He wanted to play too! He's already got the right idea.

No comments: