Sunday, February 03, 2008

Grateful Sunday


* We all had the stomach flu on Saturday, every last one of us. But I was so grateful regarding the timing... If we all had to get sick, at least we all got sick around the same time. It was a quick bug, and we've been eating crackers and toast all day today. I didn't dare take any kids to church. Once I get through the mountain of laundry, we'll be good to go.

* I did the happy dance on Friday as we left the dentist office. Neither Porter nor Sophia had a cavity. Halleluah! We have paid an enormous amount of money to the dentist in a few short years; apparently, my kids have teeth which are very prone to decay. Now that we know that, our night time routine includes: brushing, flossing, rinsing with ACT , and applying prevident on one of Porter's teeth (one with very weak enamel.) They brush in the morning and chew sugarless gum like crazy the rest of the day. Whew... but it paid off! I told my kids I would do the happy dance if they didn't have any cavities, they held me to it, and dance I did.

* Girls night out. It's been a long time, but it was so fun to go to Pei Wei and watch 27 Dresses. The movies just a one timer, but it was fun to be out and nice to enjoy it uninterupted.

* Doug and I have started reading a book together for a few minute before we go to bed. It's so fun! I am really enjoying this new tradition.

* Fabulous meeting with the principal of Porter's school. Things are looking good for an earlier release time next year and for more recess. We also talked to her about fundraisers and the school lunch room (each entire blog entries to come). She asked us if we'd like to be on site based committee next year, I answered absolutely yes!

3 comments:

Emma said...

Lots of things to be thankful for! I love the "happy dance"!!! I remember when Porter had to be sedated for dental work, yuck!

Doug said...

And I'm thankful for such an incredible wife!

Julie said...

I had a great time at girls' night, too! We need to do that more often!