Sunday, June 12, 2011

being healthy

I want to remember some advice given in a stake lesson...

The teacher, an older mom, advised about something she learned, after the fact. 

As she was raising her young children, she put off developing healthy habits, because of time constraints.  As her children grew and left home, she started taking better care of herself, and consequently was left with more energy. 

Her regret?  Not feeling as good and having that energy when her kids were at home.  I was grateful to this woman for admitting a weakness and being willing to share, so that we could benefit from her mistakes.  Motivation for me to eat healthy, get enough sleep and exercise.  They're not selfish pursuits.  The whole family benefits. I've often thought, if a nap is what I need to be in good spirits when Doug comes home, then I'm sure he'd much rather I chose the nap over folding the laundry. Putting it into practice is the hard part.

2 comments:

Annika said...

oo i like this! thanks for sharing! :)

CameronMC said...

Good advice. I was eating an ice cream sandwich while reading this post. :) I must say, I've always admired you for your healthy lifestyle and the amount of energy you seem to have.