Sunday, June 06, 2010

Preston is Three!!!

He requested a black spider man cake. I assumed he meant chocolate cake, and as we were coloring the frosting, he wanted it blue.

When we asked him if he was excited for his birthday, he said yes, and Mommy's going to make me a cake! I don't think he realized presents were part of birthdays, he sure figured it out by the end. The day after his birthday he asked me "Mommy, do you have another present for me? I like presents!"



The Geo-Trax High Flying Airport
It was hit!

Baseball and bat for our future slugger. He loves sports already.





The long awaited for piggy bank, complete with quarters. Thanks Grandma Barbara!





Thanks to the grandparents and aunts and uncles who helped make his birthday special with their packages!



You have to watch this, Preston blows out the candles, tells us how old he is and sings the beloved Spiderman song. Turns out Dad taught it to him, one of his hidden talents!

I sure love my sweet little boy. I can't believe my baby is three already!

He is full of love and is easy to love.

I love how, when he gets angry he announces before what he's going to do about it. For example, "I'm going to hit you mommy!"

He will stand up for his sister, enunciating every word. "Don't. you. be. mean. to. my. sister. my. Sophia!"

He knows what he wants. Last night he came inside, looked at me, "I don't want you mommy." Then looked at Doug. "Daddy, I want you to push me on the swing!"

He love trike ride, trips to the park, and playing in the sprinkler outside.

He loves to read books at night before bed. And he loves his daddy. Doug usually puts him to bed at night.

Preston has a wonderful imagination. Long stretches of time will go by where I don't see him because he's off playing a with his toys by himself. He can entertain himself, and he's a good independent player.

But he also loves his friends and he loves going to nursery.

He's a singer, we play kid tapes in the cars, and if he knows the words he'll sing along. His favorite song from nursery is 5 little alligators. But he has to sing it, if I try to sing with him, I usually get into trouble.

He loves to help me sweep the floor, by filling up the dust pan and dumping it into the garbage. He also likes to use the toilet brush on the toilet, and spray window cleaner where ever he can.

He has a beautiful, happy smile and a beautiful personality. Our family is so blessed to have him in our lives! I'm so grateful Heavenly Father sent him to us three years ago!


1 comment:

Erin said...

Happy Birthday sweet boy! It looks like fun! I can't believe he's already three, wow time flies. Love the cake!