When we moved into our home, there was wall paper in the kitchen and in the master bathroom.
The seller's realtor commented on the beautiful master bathroom at closing. I asked if she we were talking about the same house... illustrating beautifully that beauty really is a matter of opinion!We promptly removed the paper from the kitchen, but the chore was so difficult, I just wasn't up to tackling another room immediately... at the beginning of the school year I made it a goal to rid my bathroom walls of the floral pattern (see picture below) before June... with two weeks to spare I started and finished the project. Thankfully, the paper and glue came off so much quicker than the kitchen's paper. Had I known there would be such a difference, I wouldn't have waited so long to embark on the project!

Even though Sophia couldn't understand why we were taking down the pretty paper. She said more than once, "But mom, I like the flowers."
Unfortunately, we're still living in a construction zone. Now that the paper is off, we need to patch, texture and paint...
Moral of the story... never put up wall paper!
Unfortunately, we're still living in a construction zone. Now that the paper is off, we need to patch, texture and paint...Moral of the story... never put up wall paper!

1 comment:
I bet that's a big relief to have done! You'll have to post your "after" pictures...
Post a Comment