Four years ago we got a new vacuum, it was supposed to last us forever... it is officially dead.Why not fix it? We have, several times. Grrrr.
Perhaps if we didn't have to unplug it to turn it off, we might consider pouring more money into it to fix the problems with the hose. But alas, we are going to cut our losses and search for another one.
Have you recently shopped for a vacuum? If you have, you know that there are endless choices out there. It's overwhelming. I just want a good, solid, durable, vacuum... Any suggestions?
My floor desperately needs cleaning, so we don't have much time!
9 comments:
I am a vacuum addict - I vacuum at least every day, sometimes more. So - we're pretty hard on vacuums here. We recently splurged and bought a Dyson. My advice - don't. My older vacuum - 1/2 as expensive - worked much better.
We have a red bissell lift off that I've enjoyed for several years. I like being able to take the canister off to vaccum those random places. It's a bagless one, and every so oftern I just take out the parts that need to be cleaned and hose them off out back.
I also have a roomba that I use mainly in the living room & hallway to keep up with the little things tracked in daily. I really like the roomba, but I don't think technology/design is to the point of having no other vaccum.
I have no suggestions, having never actually bought one myself. All I know is that I LOVE vacuums, and I'm a little envious that you get to purchase a brand new one that will clean your carpet like no other!
Did you not see "The Doghouse" e-mail? I'll have to send that to you. Jonathan as been at least twice a day at work for the past 3 weeks.
We bought a Kirby on ebay when we moved here and it works really well; however, it's heavy to go upstairs and it's not bagless. Yuck. The one thing I love is the attachment to do tile; I use it alot (well, alot for me; I do not vacuum every day, not even close). I also read that dog hair is hard to get up with a vacuum but after I vacuum, there is no hair anywhere so it must be decent.
I was just vacuuming today and thought my vacuum sounded a little funny. It's probably about to go soon, I actually dread the thought of researching vacuums.
We have a Dyson, and I like it. But it's the only vacuum we've owned, other that a small broom-like one from the early days, so I don't have much to compare it to.
I am also a vacuumaholic. I've had several Hoovers -- don't like those. I bought a Kirby on ebay several years ago and LOVE the suction. I feel like my carpet is getting clean. However, the drawbacks are it is heavy. So I don't haul it up and down stairs very much. And if you really enjoy using a hose, you have to hook it up to use instead of just using as you vacuum. Despite those inconveniences I love my vacuum and wouldn't buy anything else.
In college I cleaned houses and the only vacuum I remember doing a good job especially with dog hair was an Oreck. I've never owned one though, so I can't say if I would like it over the one I have.
We bought at least four (yes 4) "cheap" vacuums over the last 15 years. We finally bought a Dyson even though Brad never wanted another bagless.
I wouldn't buy another cheap bagless. We bought one from Sam's for about $89 and I thought it created a lot of dust. It only lasted about a year before the belt slipped everytime I bumped into something. It has now been banished as the "downstairs" vacuum.
Post a Comment