As the kids were trying to figure out where on earth their candy could be, I jokingly said... "Hmmm, wasn't that about the time the tooth fairy visited our home? I heard the tooth fairy doesn't like candy very much."My kids had found their culprit.
The tooth fairy stole their candy! They're still talking about it. Although Sophia refers to her as the fairy god mother... as in, "why did that fairy god-mother have to take my candy?"

The tooth fairy visited us again last night (Porter lost his second front tooth, and has a huge gaping hole to prove it... I love it! He pulled it out at school so he could get a special tooth necklace to hold the tooth), and Porter made sure his meager Christmas candy stash was tucked safely away.
I think it's funny, and I think the tooth fairy had every right to take their candy. I mean, they didn't need all of that sugar in their systems or on their teeth. Doug doesn't agree, he's morally and ethically opposed to what the tooth fairy did.
What do you think?
5 comments:
I can't wait to see a picture of Porter without his two front teeth - I love that stage of childhood! How hilarious that Porter quickly hid his candy before the tooth fairy's visit. :)
After Halloween, we let the kids pick out a few favorite pieces to keep and then we leave the rest of the candy out for the "Sugar Sprites". These little fairies come in the night and take all the candy, leaving behind a fun toy instead.
My kids still have a good part of their Halloween candy. Maybe they take after me (I couldn't handle too much candy so I hoarded it).
But I also like to think that once they have overdosed on the sugar, they learn an important lesson about moderation.
On the other hand, I think that if they left it in the living room, you have every right to (opps I mean the tooth fairy) has every right to take it. I would hurry and throw it all away before someone becomes any wiser.
I agree with both Jennifer and Jenni. Giving the candy away in exchange for a fun toy is a super idea, and I also think Halloween candy teaches kids about moderation. Zach still has most of his Halloween candy left. He's very careful with it.
But when they are little, like under 4 years old, they don't understand moderation yet, and they definitely don't need so much sugar. I think next year I'll let the kids choose if they want to leave the candy out for the "Sugar Sprites" or if they want to keep it and eat it in moderation.
I like the "tooth fairy" idea. Although they might wake up with nightmares about her, but there has to be some way to take all that candy away.
Post a Comment