Thursday, July 11, 2019

Porter's Wisdom Teeth


I was completely unprepared for how he would be when he came out of sedation.  I was scared.  He thought he was a true Ninja that needed more training.  Those nurses were quick.  He wanted to face time all his friends, unbuckled himself in the car and started crawling around looking for his phone, he was easily distracted at the thought of a milkshake, but never for long, he smeared the blood dripping out of his mouth over his cheeks as warrior paint, he ran about the house inside and out, he locked himself in the game room, and then he couldn't sleep until 2 the next morning.  I told Doug, I will never do that alone again.  I will always take another adult, preferably dad, with me when our other kids need to have their wisdom teeth out.  We can laugh now, but it was pretty frightening at the time.

No comments: